20-24 June 2017
ICEB - International Conference on Extrusion and Benchmark
The International Conference on Extrusion and Benchmark (ICEB) has become the biggest event in Europe related to the recent developments on the Extrusion Technologies and their analysis by FEM simulation.
The sixth edition will be held at the PalaExpo Congress of Verona Fiere on June 20th-22th 2015 in Verona, Italy. As for the fifth edition, also for the sixth edition ICEB conference will be merged with ALUMINUM 2000 Congress ( www.aluminium2000.com ) in order to create an unique sinergical event. Moreover, the conference will be held during Metef exhibition, the expo of customized technology for the aluminium and innovative metals industry, that welcomes around 10,000 exhibitors and visitors from all over the world and it is considered “the showcase of the Italian technological excellence”.
ICEB and Aluminium Two Thousand will bring together “aluminium and light alloys” specialists in a single venue, creating a very attractive and unique opportunity for industry managers, technicians, researchers, technology suppliers and other qualified speakers for meeting and understanding the latest researches, discoveries and the trends for the future.
More than 430 delegates attended the unified "ICEB-Aluminium 2000" 2015 edition, with participation from over 50 countries with a strong representation from Europe but also with many participants coming from USA, from developing countries and far east. With two-thirds of the participants coming from the industry and with representatives from all the multinationals of aluminum, a strong interest was evidenced in getting and sharing knowledge on these topics of technological frontier. The aim of the conference is to join together technical and scientific experts, to widespread their knowledge and to form an international community for the discussion of state of the art, as well as future developments, in the field of extrusion and in its most powerful tool, the numerical simulation.
Also for the 2017 edition the event will keep all its main features by merging presentation sessions on the “Latest advances in the extrusion of light alloys” with the worldwide contest: “FEM codes Benchmark”.
- In the presentation sessions invited papers, as well as contributions from Academia and Industries, will describe all the most recent developments in the analysis, optimization and research of the light alloys Extrusion processing.
- In the benchmark sessions, participants will be asked to simulate the extrusion of an industrial case (a specially designed die for emphasizing selected process-related issues), on the base of die geometries, material properties, ram speed and tools temperatures, as they were monitored by the organizers. Only during the conference the blind simulations results will be discussed and compared to the data recorded during experimental trials, thus allowing a clear and equal comparison of different FEM codes and simulating approaches.
The event provides a unique opportunity to:
- learn about the state of the art of emerging technologies, innovation and simulation capabilities in the extrusion of light alloys;
- get guidelines for best process analysis and product optimization;
- understand the potential of your current simulation tool;
- have the widest possible range of information on extrusion simulation today.
The conference heads toward:
- Extruders (Technicians, R&D divisions, Production Managers)
- Extruded profile users
- Academic and Industrial Researchers
- Die Makers (Project Managers, R&D)
- Alloys specialists
- Software Houses, Software Distributors
- Press and Equipment Builders